We care deeply about the places we visit and the people who live there and believe that travel and tourism should and can be something positive for both the visitors and local communities. We are very aware of our responsibilities in promoting and practicing responsible travel and believe that being responsible and protecting the environment does not mean a compromise in quality or standards of travel.
Since our establishment, we continue to do what we can through our approaches and activities in playing an active role in the effort to minimize the negative impact of tourism and to raise awareness of eco and responsible approaches to travel both with travellers and local people. We organise clean up treks, for example to Base Camp and we provide a free pre trek briefing to all our clients that includes guidelines and advice on the 5 key areas of responsible travel.
- Protection of the environment and local animals and plants
- Respect for local cultures and their traditions, religions, heritage and way of life
- Benefit to local communities in economic and social terms
- Conservation and protection of natural resources
- Minimising pollution and negative impact on the environment